First off I must apologise for being so quiet on here since before Christmas. Christmas was very busy, as it probably was for most of you too and then I decided to take the plunge and join Weight Watchers in the New Year. I am still trying to get my head around it all, once my head is sorted then healthy bakes & meals should follow on here. In the meantime I am musing on tumblr to keep myself motivated as I try to shift the extra stones a love of baking gave to me.
I’m a bit fan of a nosey in fridges and thought it would only be fair to show mine too. Now I must confess that I did have a little tidy up last night, as I’d done some food shopping and didn’t have enough space – it’s never normally this tidy, things are mostly just flung in where there is space.
So in my Fridge we have:
- Jars of sweet things: Raspberry Jam (with & without seeds) Apricot Jam, Black Cherry Jam, Lemon Curd, Cranberry studded mincemeat (that probably needs to be chucked) Jars of marinated & pickled things: Olives, Semi-dried tomatoes, chargrilled artichokes, gherkins, pickled onions, beetroot, RED jalapeno’s, Hellmann’s Light Mayo
- 0% greek yogurt, half fat creme fraiche, sourdough starter (that I really should be doing something with) Eggs (organic) B’s packed lunch of Cous Cous Salad, bowl of leftover cous cous, hoisin sauce, slimline tonic.
- Cheese: mozzarella for Pizza, Parmesan, Half Fat Cheddar, Full Fat Cheddar, a manky bit of Red Leicester, a slice of half fat cheddar for last weeks Homemade Burgers. This would’ve all been eaten by now but weight watchers forbids you to eat all the cheese. Chocolate: Dark Lindt, Milk Green & Blacks and half a bar of cooking white chocolate all for baking. One square of Dairy Milk for emergency purposes – this seems to work for me, if I keep a tiny bit of chocolate in the house I don’t go crazy – there is also a Cadburys Fudge Bar at the back of one of the cupboards for the same reason.
- Butter – Unsalted & Salted, not going through this as quickly as we used to. Fruit: grapes, kiwi, pomegranate, blueberries. Philly Cheese (probably opened ages ago and mouldy) Bottle of Lime Juice.
- Veggies – too many to mention.
- Ketchup for me, Brown sauce for him and Salad Cream for Dirty White Bread Sandwiches when too hungover to function.
- Tamarind Paste, Harissa Paste, Horseradish, English Mustard, Wholegrain Mustard, Dijon Mustard.
- Lazy Chillis, Out of date Pesto, Cranberry Sauce, Pizza Dips.
- Chinese Chilli Sauce, Sweet Chilli Sauce and Skimmed Milk.
Now I’m convinced that wasn’t a very inspiring post but it took my mind of counting points for half an hour, so it’s a WIN for me.
Are you brave enough to show me the inside of your fridge?