Oh my this is a little late – in my defense I’ve had a rotten cold and my brain has failed to function beyond simple tasks. Attempting to write words on a page was not a simple task.
Well, January for most people is the most depressing month of the year. It drags on, you’ve got no money, you struggle to keep on top of your resolutions and the weather is proper bollocks.
Well the weather has been bollocks but January has been pretty excellent all round for me.
1. Bernie’s New Years resolution was to cook more roasts, every Sunday he delved into Jamie’s Ministry of Food and without too many contributions from me, put a delicious plate of food on the table.
Can you see how amazing his Yorkshires are? Do you wanna see them closer up?
2. We then had fun with the leftovers too.
Nick Coffer’s Spiced Pork Noodles from Sainsbury’s Leftovers Ideas
Chicken, Vegetable & Spinach Curry from Sainsbury’s Leftover Ideas.
3. LOOK – a picture of me! I got dressed and put make-up on and everything! Photos of me are pretty rare at the moment – still waiting for the ‘Blooming’ phase!
4. Did you see I made Anzac Biscuits? – I blogged them here
5. Also Chocolate Fondants – perfect for Valentines Day!
6. The only dinner I cooked – seriously I am not kidding when I say that Bernie is being a complete star! Was these Chicken Teriyaki Skewers from BBC Good Food
7. We’ve got a new addition to the kitchen worktop family thanks to some generous Christmas vouchers – name still undecided!
This was the first coffee…
and this was the first attempt at a flat white and latte art…
More squashed frog at the moment, we’ve got a lot of practicing to do! Been thinking of recipes using Espresso, so watch this space!
8. You really should see this Sausage Sandwich that Bernie made me, it’s Art.
Okay – you have got this far and you are probably wondering what was so special about January. Well I’ve saved the best till last.
9. One weekend in January we went to view a flat in South East London. We really liked the flat. We liked it so much we put an offer on the flat. The offer was then accepted. So if all things go smoothly, at some point in the next few months we’ll be packing up our little rented flat in Bow and heading Sarf of the River.
And one of the best things… Check out my new self-cleaning oven, with warming drawer!
10. To wrap things up – in January we went for our 20 week scan. All is very well and we found out the flavour. Look away now if you like surprises but it’s amazing how finding out the sex has meant HE’s developed a personality overnight.
After the scan we went for a lovely walk via Victoria Park – I will miss this park a lot but I’m excited about discovering a new area soon!
How was January for you? If my January is anything to go by, 2014 is going to be a vintage year but I think that was pretty much guaranteed anyway!